The Lost Dutchman Arizona 8K Trail Race is held annually over President's Day weekend as a part of the Lost Dutchman Marathon.
Where: Apache Junction, Arizona
Date: Sunday, February 18, 2024
Start Time: 7:45 a.m.
Course: The 8K is a desert trail run starting and ending in Prospector Park. The course is mostly on dirt trail in the northern and eastern portions of the park that is undeveloped. The only elevation changes are where the course crosses dry washes, otherwise the course is flat. It should be considered relatively easy as trail courses go. If you are looking for a really fun trail run, this one is worth considering. There is no time limit for the 8K race. Course map.
|Maximum Runners||Start Time|
|8K Trail Run||$52||$54||$59||$64||800||7:45 a.m.|
Registration Limit: Participation in the Lost Dutchman 8K Trail Run is limited to 800 runners in 2024.
Parking: The race begins and ends at Prospector Park in Apache Junction. From US 60, you may use Tomahawk road and park in the Rodeo grounds or exit at Ironwood and park on the north side of the park. Visit our Driving, Parking & Transportation page for detailed race parking information.
Aid Stations: For the 8K trail race there is one aid station that all runners will pass twice.
Packet pick up:
- Thursday February 15, 2024 runners can pick up their packets at Road Runner Sports - Tempe, 43 S McClintock Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 (Map) from 3:00 p.m. till 7:00 p.m.
- Friday February 16, 2024 runners can pick up their packets at Road Runner Sports - Tempe, 43 S McClintock Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 (Map) from 11:00 a.m. till 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 17, 2024 at the Multi-Generational Center, 1035 N. Idaho Rd. Apache Junction, AZ from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Map). The 2 Mile Fun Run/Walk is 9:30 a.m. on Saturday with the start and finish at the center.
- NON-MARATHONERS can pick up their packets Sunday, February 18, 2024 at Prospector Park 3015 N. Idaho Rd. Apache Junction, AZ beginning at 5:45 a.m.
- There is no day of race packet pick up for the full marathon. Marathon runners MUST pick up race packets Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
- You may have someone else pick up your race packet. Race Packets will NOT be mailed.
Chip Timing: The race will be chip timed. Your chip is a part of your bib, do not remove it. Your number bib must be worn on the front and be visible at all times during the race.
Medals: All 8K finishers will receive a commemorative medal.
Awards: Awards will be presented to the top three male and female finishers in each age group. Age groups are 10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+. Results will be posted as soon as possible after the completion of the race. The awards ceremony will be held as close as possible to 10:15 a.m.
If you win an award, be sure to pick it up before leaving. Award recipients not able to stay for the awards presentation can still receive their award, details are on the awards page.
Very well managed race in a beautiful venue.
This was my first year participating in this event and it was a blast. All the volunteers I engaged with was very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend and will be participating in future events.
Great race as always. Organized, wonderful volunteers, beautiful scenery and perfect weather!
Great experience! Friendly volunteers, extremely organized - literally every angle was covered in the planning of this event. Running the 8k trail was a great experience - the volunteers and the posted signed throughout the course were uplifting and kept everyone going! My husband ran the marathon and had an equally exceptional experience. Thank you!
I loved the inspirational signs on the 8K Trail run. They were amazing!!
Great 8K Trail Run! Well organized; Great volunteers and helpers; Great trail out through the saguaros! Will be back next year;
An exceptionally beautiful course!
Well organized, fun, and beautiful!
Best organized event that I have been in and I have been in lots! Outstanding. Organizers have thought about everything.
I was visiting the area from New Orleans for the week and signed up for this race. I am so glad I did! Everything was so well organized, the volunteers were so accommodating, and the vendors were fantastic. I would highly recommend this race, and look forward to coming back to do it again!
Great races with great bling!
Very organized, trail race was very easy to follow and beautiful!
One of the most beautiful races I've ever done.
Beautiful views and a fun event!
The 8K Trail Run is a fun event and the venue is great too. Easy course.