The Lost Dutchman 10K race is held annually over President's Day weekend as a part of the Lost Dutchman Marathon.
Where: Apache Junction, Arizona
Date: Sunday, February 20, 2022
Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
Course: The 10K begins and ends in Prospector Park, and is an out-and-back over the last 3.1 miles of the Marathon course. The course is all on pavement, however there are broad freshly graded shoulders much of the way if you prefer to run on dirt. The route is relatively flat; it includes a slight incline going out and decline coming back to the finish line. There is no time limit for the 10K, HOWEVER, walkers and slow runners should be aware of faster half marathoners approaching from behind and sharing the return lane; please be courteous. Course map.
There will be mile markers on the race course.
|Half Marathon||$80||$85||$90||$95||$105||1100||7:15 a.m.|
|8K Trail||$45||$50||$55||$60||$65||800||7:45 a.m.|
|Two-Mile Fun Run/Walk||$20||$20||$20||$20||$20||No Limit||11:00 a.m. SATURDAY, Feb 19th|
*No race day marathon registration. The marathon minimum age is 14 and maximum time for all entrants is 6 1/4 hours - strictly enforced
Registration Limit: Participation in the Lost Dutchman 10K is limited to 800 runners in 2022.
Parking: The race begins and ends at Prospector Park in Apache Junction. From US 60, you may use Tomahawk road and park in the Rodeo grounds or exit at Ironwood and park on the north side of the park. Here is a Map to Prospector Park. Visit our Driving, Parking & Transportation page for detailed race parking information.
Aid Stations: There are aid stations every mile, all have water, every other aid station will have a sports drink.
Packet Pick up: Race Packets will NOT be mailed.
- Thursday February 17, 2022 runners can pick up their packets at Road Runner Sports - Tempe, 43 S McClintock Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 (Map) from 11 a.m. till 7 p.m.
- Friday, February 18, 2022 at the Lost Dutchman Health and Fitness Expo in the Multi-Generational Center, 1035 N. Idaho Rd. Apache Junction, AZ from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Map).
- Saturday, February 19, 2022 at the Lost Dutchman Health and Fitness Expo in the Multi-Generational Center, 1035 N. Idaho Rd. Apache Junction, AZ from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Map).
- NON-MARATHONERS can also pick up their packets Sunday, February 20, 2022 at Prospector Park 3015 N. Idaho Rd. Apache Junction, AZ beginning at 5:45 a.m.
- NOTE: There is no day of race packet pick up for the full marathon. Marathon runners MUST pick up race packets Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. As a last resort, all unclaimed bibs will be held at the Rodeo Grounds marathon bus loading on race morning. You will be able to claim a tee shirt after the race, the size is not guaranteed.
The race will be chip timed. Your chip is a part of your bib, do not remove it. Your number bib must be worn on the front and be visible at all times during the race.
You may have someone else pick up your race packet.
Medals: All 10K finishers will receive a commemorative medal.
Awards: Awards will be presented to the top three male and female finishers in each age group. Age groups are 10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+. Results will be posted as soon as possible after the completion of the race. The awards ceremony will be held as close as possible to 10:45 a.m. If you win an award, be sure to pick it up before leaving. Award recipients not able to stay for the awards presentation can still receive their award, details are on the awards page.
Great time! My first 10K of the year was so much fun! Running in the desert in very cool!
I enjoy this race because of the view of the Superstition Mountains as I run east for the 10K.
My first EVER 10k, nice scenery, I had so much fun!!
I've been planning on attending this event for a year and I am so glad that I chose the LDM to run my first 10K. The views of the Superstitions at sunrise was amazing! I'll be back soon.
Such a great race that is so organized and loaded with friendly people (volunteers/staff/participants). This was my third year (previous 10k, 8k, and back to 10k this year) thinking about going for the half-marathon next year. Thank you to the organizers and volunteers for making it such an enjoyable experience. Well done!
I have been wanting to be at one of the Lost Dutchman race events for a number of years, but finally made the 10K this year. The race is awesome. Absolutely beautiful. I love that the # of race participants is limited, and that the money stays right in our community. I will be training for the 1/2 marathon for next year, and want to come for as many years going forward as I am able. Thank you for a wonderful event!