The Lost Dutchman Arizona 8K Trail Race is held annually over President's Day weekend as a part of the Lost Dutchman Marathon.
Where: Apache Junction, Arizona
Date: Sunday, February 16, 2020
Start Time: 7:45 a.m.
Course: The 8K is a desert trail run starting and ending in Prospector Park. The course is mostly on dirt trail in the northern and eastern portions of the park that is undeveloped. The only elevation changes are where the course crosses dry washes, otherwise the course is flat. It should be considered relatively easy as trail courses go. If you are looking for a really fun trail run, this one is worth considering. There is no time limit for the 8K race. Course map.
2020 fees are not yet finalized
|Half Marathon||$65||$70||$80||$95||1100||7:15 a.m.|
|Two-Mile Fun Run/Walk||$15||$20||$20||$20||No Limit||9:00 a.m.|
*No race day marathon registration. The marathon minimum age is 14 and maximum time for all entrants is 6 1/4 hours - strictly enforced
Registration Limit: Participation in the Lost Dutchman 8K Trail Run is limited to 800 runners in 2020.
Parking: The race begins and ends at Prospector Park in Apache Junction. From US 60, you may use Tomahawk road and park in the Rodeo grounds or exit at Ironwood and park on the north side of the park. Visit our Driving, Parking & Transportation page for detailed race parking information.
Aid Stations: For the 8K trail race there is one aid station that all runners will pass twice.
Packet Pick up: Race Packets will NOT be mailed.
- Thursday February 13, 2020 runners can pick up their packets at Road Runner Sports - Tempe, 43 S McClintock Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 (Map) from 11 a.m. till 7 p.m.
- Friday, February 14, 2020 at the Lost Dutchman Health and Fitness Expo in the Multi-Generational Center, 1035 N. Idaho Rd. Apache Junction, AZ from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Map).
- Saturday, February 15, 2020 at the Lost Dutchman Health and Fitness Expo in the Multi-Generational Center, 1035 N. Idaho Rd. Apache Junction, AZ from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Map).
- NON-MARATHONERS can also pick up their packets Sunday, February 16, 2020 at Prospector Park 3015 N. Idaho Rd. Apache Junction, AZ beginning at 5:45 a.m.
- NOTE: There is no day of race packet pick up for the full marathon. Marathon runners MUST pick up race packets Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. As a last resort, all unclaimed bibs will be held at the Rodeo Grounds marathon bus loading on race morning. You will be able to claim a tee shirt after the race, the size is not guaranteed.
The race will be chip timed. Your chip is a part of your bib, do not remove it. Your number bib must be worn on the front and be visible at all times during the race.
You may have someone else pick up your race packet.
Medals: All 8K finishers will receive a commemorative medal.
Awards: Awards will be presented to the top three male and female finishers in each age group. Age groups are 10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+. Results will be posted as soon as possible after the completion of the race. The awards ceremony will be held as close as possible to 10:15 a.m.
If you win an award, be sure to pick it up before leaving. Award recipients not able to stay for the awards presentation can still receive their award, details are on the awards page.
This is my first LDM. What a very nice event this was, well-organized, the volunteers were really cool and helpful. My friend and I had a great time doing the 8K together. I will definitely participate again next year!
Top notch race...as always. We did the 8k (done 6 of them so far) and everyone was extremely helpful. It makes a difference in having an abundance of volunteers who are nice & well informed. Hope you keep the LDM race event "small" because it's great. Race organizers cannot do enough to make all the runners in all races feel special. Excellent job, can't wait til next year!
I ran the trail run today. It was well organized. Great weather, great scenery, great volunteers, great shirts, great medals, and an awesome time! Thank you! I cannot wait for next year!!
This was our first Lost Dutchman Event, we ran the 8k Trail. We will be back next year! Wonderful scenery, fabulous race volunteers and flawlessly organized. Congratulations!
The volunteers are ALL so wonderful and kind. It's so nice to see smiles on their faces and hear encouraging words as we pass by them. It really helped me in the last mile on the 8K.
This is a stunning location. I am so lucky that it's in my "backyard". I can't wait to return to the half in 2015!!